Dress in layers.
The best way to prepare for eSled Safari is to dress in layers. If there’s too little clothing, your hands and feet will cool down first and gradually the whole body. Again, if the clothing is too warm, the sweat can moisten the whole clothing and during the safari breaks the body cools too much. Functional winter clothing consists of a controllable layered clothing.
The purpose of the underwear is to keep the skin dry.
Moisture-transferring synthetic fiber materials include polyester and polypropylene. Wool is a warm and functional material. Silk is very moisturizing and pleasing to the skin. Two-layered knitwear is a well-functioning underwear, the inside layer is moisture-transferring material, and exterior thermally insulating, for example made of merino wool and silk blend. The purpose of the underwear is to regulate the thermal insulation of clothing, depending on weather, activity or work, and to keep the skin dry.
Outerwear provides protection against cold, wind and moisture.
Sufficiently loose clothing does not squeeze the layers below, thus reducing the amount of air in the clothing. Particularly important is the functionality of the zip fastening system for winter clothing, so that the needs can also be met in the nature. Head protection is important in the cold, as most of the heat released by humans exits from the head. In addition to cold, the head should be protected from wind and moisture. Knit cap is excellent choice for head protection, and for increased protection use a hood, ear pads, or scarf. The idea of layered dressing can be used to protect hands. Keeping thin gloves under mittens reduces the need of using bare hands. Mittens are more protective than gloves.
eSled Safari Clothing Recommendation:
- Moisture-absorbing and warming material such as wool (WO), silk (SE)
- Two-layer materials with an inside moisture-transferring material such as polyester (PES) or polypropylene (PP), and exterior, for example, wool.
- Intermediate clothing
- Airy materials, such as fleece and wool, are most suitable for low temperatures.
- Number of intermediate layers may vary from one to three layers.
- Thermal insulating woollen socks.
- Outer clothing
- Cotton or down jacket and pants to keep the heat inside and protect against the wind.
- Tall boots with felt insoles.
Aurora eMotion provides:
- Helmet, balaclava and scarf
- Outer clothing and mittens
- Boots and woollen socks